The best triceps workout program for mass at gym is all you need for aesthetically pleasing body muscles and proportionality Just like Ronnie Coleman and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
In fact, making a realistic triceps workout program can make you achieve your dream goals faster and easier.
Ronnie Coleman was undefeatable due to his unique and amazing workout program.
He build the best out of a realistic workout plan.
You too can achieve the same body proportionality.
Therefore, this article provides you with the best triceps workout program based on Mr. Olympia‘s heroes.
How to make the best beginners triceps workout for mass at gym
Making a simple but realistic triceps workout program is the always key to get bigger triceps muscles faster.
Sadly, some beginners and other senior gym-goers, tend to perform more complicated triceps workout that adds no value to their muscle.
Close grip bench press at gym
How to perform closs grip bench press
- Use a flat bench as shown below
- Now, position the barbell at the correct reach level on the rack
- Load enough weight resistance onto the barbell
- Then, lie flat on the bench using a close grip
- Lift the bar with assistance from the rack, arms locked, and holding bar straight over you to avoid injuries
- Inhale and slowly bring the bar down toward your chest keeping elbows close to your body for the entire exercise
- Exhale and push the bar up using the triceps muscles and locking arms at the top of the movement
- Perform 3 sets with 6 to 12 reps and resting of 60 seconds
You can progress to 6 sets with 10 to 15 reps after gaining enough strength and stability.
Triceps pushdown for triceps mass
After close grip bench press, proceed to triceps pushups for 3 sets, 6 to 12 reps for a greater result.
Ensure that you rest for not more than 90 seconds. Furthermore, taking too long before doing another set is not effective.
How to perform Triceps pushdown
- Face the triceps pushdown cable machine and grasp the horizontal cable bar
- Standing upright with the torso straight and bring the upper arms close to your body
- The forearms should be pointing up towards the pulley as they hold the bar.
- This is your starting position.
- Using the triceps, bring the bar down until it touches the front of your thighs and the arms are fully extended perpendicular to the floor
- Exhale as you perform this movement.
- Bring the bar slowly up to the starting point. Breathe in as you perform this step.
- Repeat it 3 sets, 6 to 12 reps for a greater result(5).
You can advance to 6 sets, 10 to 15 reps with time.
Barbell French press
The third triceps workout is the barbell French press(6).
In this case, you need to perform 3 sets, 6 to 12 reps.
Limit the resting time if possible not to exceed 90 seconds between sets.
How to do barbell french press for beginners
- Grasp a barbell loaded with enough weight and raise it above your head
- Ensure you are extending your arms and palms facing forward
- lower the bar behind your head, slowly, focusing on the movement
- Then lift it again to the initial position
- Keep your elbows high in the same position, don’t swing your arms
- Lower and lift the bar in a semicircular arc behind your head
- Ensure you inhale while you lower the bar and exhale while you lift it
- Repeat it 3 sets, 6 to 12 reps for effective results
With time, you can perform 6 sets, 10 to 15 reps for muscle endurance.
4. Skullcrushers for big triceps mass
Another best triceps workout for mass in the gym is the skull crushers.
It may target both the long head and the lateral triceps head.
For instance, increasing the angle of an incline bench will work your triceps long head, while doing the movement on a decline bench places more emphasis on the lateral triceps head.
This will lead to bigger triceps mass within a few weeks
So, how do you perform skull crushers in the gym for bigger triceps mass?
How to do skull crushers in gym
- Load enough weight on a barbell
- Now, lie on a flat bench or decline bench and keep your upper arms perpendicular to the floor, not necessarily perpendicular to your body to enable you to work against gravity
- Your arms should directly perpendicular to your body when you’re on a flat bench, but won’t necessarily be when you’re doing the movement on an incline or decline bench
- Hold the weight off the bench and ensure that you only extend your elbows and avoid allowing your upper arms to move back and forth as you raise and lower the weight
- Lower the weight under control as you power the weight back up.
- stop just short of full extension so that you’re unable to rest in the top position, which keeps tension on the muscle throughout the range of motion.
- Repeat it for3 sets, 6 to 12 reps for faster triceps mass gain
Note: Keep your elbows in tight as much as possible and avoid elbow flare to ensure the triceps do the bulk of the work. Allowing your elbows to flare out reduces the triceps’ workload.
5. One-arm dumbbell triceps extension
Most gym-goers always fails to workout all their triceps muscles.
Keep in mind that there are three parts of your triceps muscles that the lateral head, the medial head, and the long head.
Therefore, to workout the long head triceps muscles, you need to perform this workout to isolate the long head triceps workout with one-arm dumbbell triceps extension(8).
So you need to perform another 3 sets, 6 to 12 reps for bigger muscle gain. In a while, you will be able to perform 6 sets, 10 to 15 reps.
How to perform a one-arm dumbbell triceps extension
- Grab a dumbbell, and sit on a bench
- pull the dumbbell up to bring it to shoulder height and then extend the arm over your head
- The dumbbell should be on top of you
- Now rotate the wrist so that the palm of your hand is facing forward
- This is the starting position
- Slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head as you hold the upper arm
- Inhale as you perform this movement, you can pause when your triceps are fully stretched for greater results
- Under control, return to the starting position by flexing your triceps as you breathe out
- Repeat it 3 sets, 6 to 12 reps for bigger muscle gain.
At the end of the day, you will have performed a perfect triceps workout of 12 sets and many more reps that yields to a bigger triceps muscles like Phil Health, Ronnie Coleman, Kai Greene, Arnold and may other bodybuilder physiques.
Get it done, the ball is on your coat.
Importantly, use enough weight and do not use too heavyweight. this can lead to severe injuries.
You can see some of the mistakes to avoid while training in the gym.
|Table of Triceps workout program for beginners|
|Type of workout||Sets||Reps per set|
|Close grip bench press||3||6-12|
|Barbell French press||3||6-12|
|One-arm dumbbell triceps extension||3||6-12|
Tips To Gain Bigger Triceps Mass Faster
After having that wonderful triceps workout for mass at gym, you need now to support your realistic triceps workout for mass gain by adding the effective tips to gain bigger triceps within a month.
In fact, to get bigger triceps faster, you need to do the following requirements
- Eat muscle gain diet
- Eat food rich in complex carbohydrate, calories, protein and vitamins
- Ensure you eat before and after workout
- Be progressive
- Do regular medical checkups to stay safe
- Avoid using too heavyweights
- Always be in the proper form while lifting weight
- Cooldown and listen to your body
- Avoid overtraining
- Avoid unrealistic workout plan
- Be consistent and determined
- Exercise regularly at least 2-3 time a week
- Stay motivated
Summing it up
The above triceps workout for mass and the tips above will enable you to get bigger triceps faster within a month. Both are result oriented and targets all triceps muscle for bigger triceps.
You need not to add more triceps exercise on that. Also, see the bad habits to avoid for faster weight gain.
Do not overtrain, make it within your limit.
Importantly, have your triceps muscle exercise twice in a week.
Also, have a bodybuilder diet plan for effective and faster triceps muscle gain.
Stay motivated, listing to your body and stay hydrated throughout the day.