Performing the best chest workout can help you get a bigger chest faster within a month.
In fact, time is money, therefore saving it and spending at least as possible time to build a pretty well-defined chest the better.
This article represents the best of the best chest workouts tips for a bigger chest.
How to optimize your chest workouts for bigger chest
1. Do rows for a bigger chest
You need to target all your chest muscles and the best way to do so is by doing rows.
In fact, bent over and dumbbell rows build the upper back muscles, therefore, keeping them in balance with your pecs.
Furthermore, your chest won’t grow if the body senses imbalance, for that matter, do as much work for your back as for your chest.
2. Do cable flyes of the smith machine in the gym
Here is where you get to maximize your chest muscles using the cables.
You can use gymnastics rings or a suspension trainer like the TRX and perform a flye motion to get a bigger chest faster.
It is the best way to broaden your small chest and get the best look.
3. Use less of an angle
The best angle plays a very important role in chest muscle growth.
According to Pubmed, most buddies do incline or decline presses at too steep angle which is one of the common mistakes they make while training.
It causes some injuries to their shoulder joints.
The best angle for a bigger chest is a shallower angle of 20–25 degrees of decline or incline.
This targets the upper chest muscles making them curve smart like the kai Greene chest.
So be smart and get the best chest muscles.
4. Improver your performance
Performing resistance training is one of the best tips to get bigger muscles faster.
You need to use heavyweight once in a while and perform 2 to 3 sets with 6 to 10 reps.
This will increase your muscle growth and widen your chest muscles they way you want them to be.
Best chest workouts for a bigger chest
Barbell Bench Press For Bigger Chest
The best chest workout is barbell bench press. Get to perform it in 5 minutes.
How to perform a bench press
- lie on the bench, hold the barbell wide enough.
- Press it upward perpendicular to your chest.
- While doing this, ensure that your shoulders, elbows, and wrists remain in line with one another.
- The total number of reps in chest workouts for bigger chest muscles is very important
- Therefore, press it for 4 sets, 10 reps with a resting duration of 60 seconds to 90 seconds
The standard barbell bench allows you to move the most weight.
The workout is easy to spot and to learn, there are several bench-press programs you can perform to increase your chest muscular strength and size.
make sure you press the barbell toward the start of your chest, for heavy sets in lower rep ranges.
Grip width should be varied for greater chest muscle mass.
Flat Bench Dumbbell Press For Bigger Chest
Another chest workout tips are a flat bench dumbbell workout.
How to perform Bench dumbbell press
- Lie on the bench with a dumbbell in each hand
- Push the dumbbells up so that your arms are directly over your shoulders and your palms are up.
- Pull your abdominals in, and tilt your chin toward your chest.
- Lower the dumbbells down and a little to the side until your elbows are slightly below your shoulders.
- Push the weights back up, taking care not to lock your elbows or allow your shoulder blades to rise off the bench.
To get a bigger chest faster, begin with a bit heavyweight and perform 2 sets in lower repetition ranges of 6.
Then, reduce the weight by 25% and perform another 2 sets, 10 repetitions.
It will also allow for a longer range of movements than the barbell bench press.
Note: it is not recommended doing both dumbbell presses and barbell bench press in one day, because both moves are so similar and no differences.Furthermore, remember dumbbells are difficult to control than a barbell, so you must be stable.
Low-Incline Barbell Bench Press
It is very unfortunate that a good number of chest workouts start with flat-bench motion, then progress to inclines.
Actually, it is best, to begin with, the low-incline barbell bench press for the effective performance of other chest workouts.
How to perform low-incline barbell bench press
- Position your body on an incline bench on a 30-45 degree angle.
- Grab a barbell with an overhand grip that’s shoulder-width apart and hold it above your chest.
- Extend arms upward, locking out elbows.
- Lower the bar straight down in a slow, controlled movement to your chest.
- Pause, then press the bar in a straight line back up to the starting position.
The total number of reps in chest workouts for bigger chest muscles is very crucial, therefore, perform it 8 reps and 4 sets.
Machine Decline Press For Chest Workout.
It is better if you begin with a free weight in your chest workout routine, they need more strength than machines.
A cable machine allows you to move each arm independently.
With the machine, you can perform a good number of chest workout movements.
How to perform machine decline press for chest workout
- Ensure you adjust the machine appropriately and the seat on the machine as shown with your back is rested upon the resting pad
- this will be your starting position.
- Slowly press the handles forward until your hands are fully extended and making sure not to lock your elbows.
- Hold this position for a second then return back to the starting position.
- perform 4 sets with 10 repetitions, 60 to 90 seconds rest between sets.
Seated Machine Chest Press For Bigger Chest
Begin with a free weight in your chest workout routine.
For instance, a flat bench press is great.
How to perform a seated machine chest press
- Sit comfortably on the machine with your feet placed firmly on the floor about shoulder-width apart.
- Grasp the handles with a full grip, thumb circled around the handle.
- Maintain a neutral wrist position with your wrists in line with your forearms, this is the starting positions.
- Push the bars outward to full extension but without locking out the elbow, exhaling as you press out.
- Keep your head steady against the upright pad and your neck still.
- Pause for a second at full extension, then allow the bars to return toward your chest and breathe in during this recovery.
- Repeat it 8 times and 4 sets with 90-second rest.
Perform machine workout at the end of your session, the machine has the least shoulder assistance.
Therefore, you can perform extra reps at the end of the workout.
Incline Dumbbell Press For Bigger Chest
- Pick the dumbbells in each hand,
- lie on the incline bench as shown below.
- Lifts the weights up until your elbow fully extended.
- Under control, lower the weight to the starting point.
- Your wrist and elbow should be in line as you perform this workout.
- perform 4 sets and 8 repetitions with a resting duration of 60 to 90 seconds between sets.
Start with harder sets to develop enough muscular strength. This workout increases the stretch on the chest muscle.
It also locks your body against the bench for effective performance.
Furthermore, your wrist and elbow are less vulnerable to strain.
Note: make sure you slowly rotate the dumbbells from palms-forward to a palms-inward position as you lift the weight.
This will effectively enhance the development of well define chest muscle.
Dips For Bigger Chest Muscles
Dips workout is one of the best exercise that targets most of your upper body muscles, the arms, chest, shoulder, back and triceps. you can perform it for a bigger body.
How to perform dips workout
- Right in the dips, put your feet up behind you for a better chest muscle stretch, as you lean forward as shown below
- Then allows your elbows to protrude out as you dip.
- Ensure your shoulder, elbow, and wrists are in line.
- The motion should be slow with a lot of resistance by maximizing your time under tension before returning to the initial position.
- Perform bench dips for 5 sets, 10 repetitions for an effective chest workout
Incline Bench Machine Cable Fly
It is better at the end of the workout, it enables you to perform higher reps.
It helps to isolate the muscles after completing your multi-joint exercises.
How to perform incline bench machine cable fly
- To get yourself into the starting position, set the pulleys and incline bench (set at 45 degrees)
- lie on the incline bench and grab a pulley on each hand
- bring your hands together at arms length in front of your face.
- With a slight bend of your elbows, lower your arms out at both sides in a wide arc until you feel a stretch on your chest.
- Breathe in as you perform this portion of the movement.
- Return your arms back to the starting position as you squeeze your chest muscles and exhale.
- do 4 sets with 10 repetitions, 60 to 90 seconds rest between sets.
Keep in mind that throughout the movement, the arms should remain stationary. The movement should only occur at the shoulder joint and make sure to use the same arc of motion used to lower the weights.
Incline Dumbbell Pull-Over
To get a fine chest, you need to perform incline dumbbell pull-over.
How to perform incline dumbbell pullover
- Sit back against the incline bench making an angle of 45 degrees and ensure the dumbbell clears the top.
- Make single-joint motion and do not bend or extend at the elbows.
- On every set, hold the peak contraction of the last rep for a full five seconds.
- do 6 set with 10 reps pullovers at the very end of your exercise.
Pullover exercises work the shoulder-extension motion pattern, meaning moving the upper arm backward.
10. Pec-Deck Machine For Bigger Chest
For big chest, on the deck machine, pumping out as many as you can to failure.
Hit the pec deck last in your chest routine for sets of 10 and more with several reps.
Do drop sets and partial reps.
Deck machine is easy to use, it allows you to work in only one pathway.
What to do for Bigger Chest Muscles Size
Have a realistic workout routine
Everything starts with a good plan, therefore, you need to set realistic goals like this one here.
Starting at a low pace and progressing gradually is the key.
Did you know that an average person maybe like you, will gain a maximum of 2lb of lean muscle a month? Now you know.
Actually, there’s nothing you can do to get bigger muscle faster than staying patient as you work out, patient pays.
Eat More protein
The best way to increase your chest muscle is by eating enough protein after workout and before a workout.
Protein plays amajor role in your muscle building. it helps in muscle recovery and growth of new muscles.
For more information check the amount of protein intake per day for effective weight gain.
You can use whey protein to boost your protein intake per day.
Eat more calories
It is important to eat enough calories per day to get bigger muscles.
Actually, eating too often is one way of increasing your calorie intake. You should also focus on a healthy bodybuilder diet.
Resistance and complex workout
Perform resistance training and comprehensive workouts that are mentioned above.
In fact the core of gaining bigger chest is powerlifting.
The hardcore pumps more blood in the targeted chest muscles. This results in a broader chest.
Always remember to use proper form to avoid injuries during workouts.
Listen to your body
You need to have some rest at least twice a week to allow the recovery of muscles.
In fact, muscles grow when they rest, not when you train them daily.
Do not overtrain, overtraining won’t make you get bigger chest faster but rather make your chest shrink and turgid.
Stay hydrated and motivated
Drink enough fluid throughout the day.
Actually, drinking enough water accelerates the growth of healthy muscles and prevent dehydration.
It also regulates your body’s metabolism.
On the other hand, you need to stay motivated, enjoy every bit of your training. It is good to partner with a gym-goer friend to motivate your workouts.
Words of Wisdom
The best chest workout tips are key to gaining bigger chest muscles faster within months.
Furthermore, for a bigger chest, the total number of reps in chest workouts tips for a bigger chest is very vital, therefore consider several reps.
You need to be consistent and determined; strictly follow the workout above for a great result within one month.