Using perfect home remedies for skin rashes can help you clear skin rash more effectively.
Generally, rashes can be caused by wide array of thing.
In addition, there are different forms of rashes depending on the affected body area.
Surprisingly, rashes affect over millions of people globally. This may be as a result of unhealthy dietary choice, and poor sedentary lifestyle.
Happily, this article provides you with the best home remedies to prevent skin rash.
Common causes of skin rashes
A wide array of things can cause skin rashes. However, the common causes of skin rashes are contact dermatitis.
What causes contact dermatitis?
Contact dermatitis is a skin rash that occurs as a result of contact with a specific chemical to which the body is allergic or with a substance, that directly irritates the skin(3).
Here are some causes of contact dermatitis
- dyes in clothes especially new clothes
- cosmetic products especially makeups, and lotions
- poisonous plants, such as poison ivy and sumac(4,5)
- Certain chemicals, such as latex or rubber
Other causes of skin rashes include:
- Food allergies(6,7)
- chronic diseases
- body metabolic reactions
- Bacterial, fungal, and Viral
- parasitic infections(8)
- poor dietary choice
Signs and symptoms of skin rashes
Skin rashes can cause the following signs and symptoms.
- Skin discoloration
- Blister formation(9)
- Body inflammation
- Skin ulceration(10)
- Severe pain on the affected area
Here are perfect home remedies for skin rashes
1. Use milk soap or milk
Milk is one of the best remedies for skin rashes.
It contains lactic acids that help removes rashes or dead cells.
Furthermore, milk is rich in humectant properties that help moisturize the skin and reduces discomfort, itchy and inflammation(11).
How to use milk
- Therefore, dip a towel in milk and grab it around the affected area.
- You can as well use milk soap to bath.
- The milk soap will help in nourishing and moisturizing your skin to relieve pain.
Apply olive oil
Olive oil is rich in antioxidant properties that help in skin protection.
It also rich in vitamin E that is very essential for skin health.
Olive oil is one of the best home remedies for skin rashes.
How to use olive oil to clear rashes
Apply olive oil two times a day especially after bathing to reduce itching, discomfort, and spread of skin rash.
Use sesame oil
Sesame oil is rich in antioxidant properties that help curb itching and reduces discomfort(14).
Therefore, apply sesame oil on the affected area of the skin.
How to use sesame oil
- Wash the affected area with water and rinse it with a clean towel.
- Now, apply the sesame oil to relieves the discomfort.
- You can apply it two times in a day for effective results
Try baking soda
Another one of the best home remedies to prevent skin rash is baking soda.
Baking soda is rich in antioxidant and antifungal properties that boost the body’ immune system and help reduce body inflammation and itching(16).
How to use baking soda to clear skin rashes at home
- Mix one-quarter of a cup of baking soda to a warm bath.
- Alternatively, mix baking soda with water to form paste.
- You can apply directly to the skin rash.
- For effective results apply three time a day.
- Actually, let the skin rash not make your skin ugly, use baking soda to prevent skin rash faster.
The use of oatmeal is one of the best remedies for skin rashes.
Oatmeal is good in pain-relieving.
How to use oatmeal to clear skin rashes
- Mix a cup of oatmeal powder with warm water especially bathing water.
- Let it mix for sometimes then go take a bath.
- You can as well mix some oatmeal with yogurt and honey and apply directly on the rash.
Use fish oil
Omega-3 fatty acids are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help improve general health.
It also prevents chronic illnesses that can cause a skin rash.
Eating fish can alleviate skin irritation and inflammation.
Eat fish twice a week to improve your overall health.
You can purchase omega-3 supplements and use it to prevent skin rash faster.
Try Avocado oil
A natural home remedy for skin rash is avocado.
Avocado is a monounsaturated fat that is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help moisturize, nourishes the skin(20).
It protects skin from free radicals and other chronic diseases like skin rash(21).
Furthermore, avocado is rich in vitamin A that helps in the restoration and healing of skin rash and softens the skin.
How to use avocado oil to clear skin rashes at home
- Apply the mashed avocado paste to the affected area of skin.
- Give it around 10 to 20 minutes before rinsing with water for effective results.
Use Aloe Vera
Due to the advance health benefits of Aloe Vera, it is widely used in various health sectors.
Aloe Vera is rich in antioxidants, antiseptic, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties that make it different from most herbs(22).
It helps in nourishing and moistening the skin.
It heals and prevents most of the chronic diseases including wounds, ulcers, heart diseases, and many others.
How to use aloe vera to get rid of skin rashes at home
- Apply Aloe Vera gel on the affected skin to heal the skin rash and protect the skin from the free radicals.
- Aloe Vera is the best natural herb to use as it is the perfect home remedy for skin rash.
Apply Coconut oil
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help in moistening and nourishing the skin.
It protects the skin from the free radicals.
Coconut oil is also rich in humectant that keeps the moisture locked.
How to use coconut oil to clear skin rashes at home
- If you have a skin rash, you need to apply coconut oil on the affected area to reduce itching and inflammation.
- Apply it after rinsing the affected area.
- You can apply it 3 times a day for better results.
Honey is another best remedies for skin rashes.
It is rich in antioxidants and nourishing and moisturizing properties(28). It is also rich in humectant properties that lock in moisture.
How to use honey to clear rashes
- Purchase honey in your local markets
- Now with your honey, rinse the affected area and let it dry
- apply the honey on the affected area to clear the rashes.
Use chamomile tea
Chamomile tea is rich in antioxidant properties that help to heal wounded areas.
It also reduces itching and body inflammations, therefore, it will prevent skin rash faster.
Furthermore, Drinking chamomile tea help boost the body’s immune system and help protect against bacterial and fungal diseases(31).
How to use chamomile tea to remove rashes
- Soak the cotton towel in chamomile tea and apply it to the affected area 3 times a day.
- You need to rinse the affected area before applying it
Another best natural herb that can help you prevent skin rash is coriander.
Generally, coriander will help you to prevent skin rash faster and easier.
How to use coriander for rashes
- Apply a paste of coriander leaves on the rash
- You can as well simmer one spoonful of coriander seed in water and drink it to reduce irritation, and inflammation.
Try apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce skin irritation and inflammation(34).
You too, use it to prevent skin rash faster. It is one of the best remedies for skin rashes.
How to use apple cider vinegar
- Here we go, place a cotton towel in apple cider vinegar and apply on the affected skin rash.
- It will relieves the discomfort very quickly and within 3 days the rashes will be no more.
Use Calendula Oil
Apply calendula oil on the skin rash two times a day to reduces itching and discomfort.
The fact is, calendula oil helps in soothing rashes and reduces skin irritations.
It also has advance health benefits such as prevents ulcers, eczema, and healing of wounds(36).
Calendula oil is rich in most essential ingredients that help protect the skin from the free radicals(37).
For instance, it is rich in antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties that help protect your skin.
For that matter, calendula will help you to prevent skin rash faster.
Apply almond oil
Did you know that almond oil is one of the best remedies for skin rashes?
In fact, it is rich in vitamin E, antioxidants, emollient properties that help in treating skin rash and other skin diseases(38).
Almond oil is one of the perfect home remedies that prevent skin rash.
How to use almond oil to remove rashes at home
- Use warm almond oil on the skin rash and give it time to be absorbed by the skin.
- This will reduce itching and inflammation, therefore, it will prevent skin rash faster.
Neem (Indian lilac or margosa)
Neem is one of the natural herbs that are used to heal wounds and other chronic diseases.
It is rich in antioxidant, analgesic, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.
It also helps prevent aging and revitalize skin cells.
How to use neem to clear skin rashes naturally
- soak cotton cloth on boiled neem and apply it on the affected area.
- To clear skin rashes faster, apply it three times in aday
- This will prevent skin rash faster.
Apply petroleum jelly
Petroleum jelly has been used for many years due to is powerful health benefits. It helps in nourishing and moistening of the skin.
Jelly is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent skin rashes and free radicals.
It also helps in healing and pain relief.
Actually, petroleum jelly is one of the best remedies for skin rashes to scabies(41).
Therefore, use it to reduce itching and discomfort.
How to use petroleum jelly to get rid of rashes
- Apply petroleum jelly on the affected skin three times a day.
- It is more effective when applied after bathing.
Best home remedies for skin rashes are the use of spices.
Eating food rich in garlic, turmeric, onion, ginger and many more spices can help you prevent several chronic illnesses.
These spices are rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic, and antibacterial(42).
Therefore, they will prevent rashes, acne, skin irritation, and prevent other chronic illnesses.
Furthermore, they help protect your skin from free radicals and boost your immune system.
generally, spices are the best to use to prevent skin rash faster.
How to use spices to clear skin rashes
- Grind the above spices to form a paste.
- Rinse the affected skin with warm water and then apply the paste on the area.
- You can as well use more spices in your diet
Cold compress or wet wrap therapy
It is best applied to skin rash caused by heat, insect bites, poison ivy, and shingles.
This process helps reduces itching, swelling, and body inflammation(43)
Therefore, use a cold compress to prevent skin rash faster.
How to use cold compress to clear skin rashes at home
- Apply water-soaked fabric wraps made of gauze or surgical netting to the affected area.
- By placing a cloth over your skin.
- Hold on your skin until itching or pain subsides.
- For better results, apply it twice a day.
Apply peppermint oil
Another best home remedy is the use of menthol or peppermint oil. It helps reduces itching and helps to relieve pain.
Peppermint has strong antioxidant that helps curb discomfort(44).
Menthol is widely used in the health sector to relieve pain, especially in physiotherapy.
You need to have menthol at home for security purposes.
Therefore, menthol is the best to use to prevent skin rash.
What you need to avoid to with skin rashes
- Avoid using anti-aging creams if you have a skin rash
- Don’t wear irritating clothes especially synthetic fabrics
- Avoid using lotions if you have a skin rash
- Stop using harsh detergent for you fabric
- Avoid stress
- Stop using hot water to shower if you have skin rash
- Avoid poisonous plants, such as poison ivy and sumac
Summing it up
Using a natural way to prevent skin rash is crucial. By using the above tips will reduce your skin rashes faster. You need to avoid irritating things that can worsen skin rash pain.
However, if your skin rashes persist you need to visit the healthcare Centre near you to get further assistance.